Monday, April 03, 2006

Patchy

Dont be surprised to see another blog from me in a span of 2-3 days, but things are going in such ugly manners and beyond my controls that I cant help it. Just another glimpse in the life of a self-proclaimed "kernel programmer". Its been a week now that I am debugging this matter of spinlock recursion and all efforts to solve this problem have proved futile. Even after implementing some debug tricks suggested by "Sweet Hit" (email me to find out what this means as i cant disclose this in public), spinlocks keep troubling me and giving me sleepless nights and sleepy days! This is a second blow to my dreams of becoming a kernel programmer - the first being when I took an entire semester to port the VTRR patch on 2.6 kernel. Mailing lists dont seem to help either - confusing me more ...and as i write this blog, dont think i am doing timepass bcoz the kernel is undergoing another brutal compilation in parallel...to end up hopelessly in failure again!

No comments: