Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Anubhav vikat ghetla

Today I really got to know the meaning of the Marathi proverb - "anubhav vikat ghyaycha asto". I wanted to try something fundu after my midterm, so walked straight to the most expensive on campus food court - Sbarro. Didnt want to eat the regular cheese pizza, neither wanted to try non-veg stuff - although all this is excellent at Sbarro! I ordered a "Spinach Strombolli" - just thought of Popeye the sailor man, thought of gaining some instant strength with this. But alas, it tasted horrible - i couldnt eat more than 2 morsels, the accompanying sauce was much better ..

At the end of day, I had shedded $5 (Rs.200 approx, cant resist this conversion even after 7 months in Amrika - passing thought -> cud have had a great Gujarati thali with sweet dish at Bhola near my house) and I remained hungry - thanks to Sbarro!

Lesson of the day -> u need to buy experiences , hope it is not that costly in the future!!

No comments: