Friday, February 24, 2006

GodCatch - Caught on the wrong foot!

Today I interviewed with the world's no 1 software giant - Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT). Feels awesome to blog this on Google's own - Blogspot!

As the title of the blog goes, I was "caught" on the wrong foot. Mera bad luck hi bad tha! I messed up the once in a lifetime opportunity. All my hard work on preparation for the interview went in vain; even my thesis stuff didnt seem to click this time and I was unable to impress him. It was one of those evil days in my life.

The evening was spent drinking Dr.Pepper to add "jale pe namak" (already have a sore throat still). The night was wonderful though, with a call from NetApp for an informal session at PK's.

My resolve now is stronger..i will complete the scheduler this year. going at this rate, the file system, memory management, drivers and UI wud take another 4 yrs. Including the time to integrate all this together, I will be ready with my GodCatchOS in 5 years from now..and maybe will do this as my PhD from Berkeley or Stanford!

Shud I dare to say this: Microsoft, u have another Google coming in the next 5 years.. BEWARE!

4 comments:

Asmya said...

Awesome re GodCatch! We'll be waiting for GOD OS.

When u earn a lot of money thru that we will roam the beaches of the world

Akshay said...

Hi Abhi,
Don't worry much abt the MSFT stuff.
Nice to hear ur plans on GodCatchOS..

Tushar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tushar said...

GodCatchOS...good to know that I have an option in case I dont get into google:)