Saturday, January 21, 2006

Racket Ball

This weekend, I found time to play racket ball at War Memorial Hall, Virginia Tech for the first time . Its a game similar to squash. Me and Aseem teamed up versus Vikrant and Vivek. I played pretty well and in fact we defeated our opponents in 2/3 sets. I remembered the time when I used to play a home version of squash with Akki (my brother). I used to always corner him and the similar techniques could be applied in racket ball. I have always felt that I am pretty good in doubles tactics. We had a badminton tournament organized when I was in CalSoft and I had teamed up with George, our HR who is in his 60's. To my surprise, we gave a very tough fight to our opponents. I must admit that we lost that game, but putting up a good fight was important.

I plan to find time for racket ball at least once a week. Its a good exercise and teaches you team player skills like court coverage and co-ordination.

No comments: