Saturday, January 10, 2009

Namaste 2009

Let me first wish each and every reader of this blog a very happy and prosperous New Year!!

What should I say about the year 2008? Should it be any different from what other people think? For the most part, I agree with the experts that 2008 was a tough year. But isn't it true that adversity reveals character? Or so I believe. How will 2009 be? better than 2008, worse or just status quo? I dont have the answer to these questions.

As an individual in this world, our job remains to stay focused on what we can do, what we can control. We shouldn't be too bothered about what happens externally or at least try not to.

Too often, we try to learn new things and explore new options. 2009 is the year to start refocusing on your strengths, what can you do best, being creative. How can you become a 80/20 individual? What value do you bring to your organization?

Let me end by a few nice quotes to start off the new year:

Give me a single place to stand, and a lever, and I will move the Earth - Archimedes

Take away our 20 most important people and I tell you we would become an unimportant company - Bill Gates

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell - Sir John Templeton

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest - Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

itskary said...

nice post :)