Sunday, June 29, 2008

What am i upto?

As few of you might have observed, I was lazy about blogging for the past quarter. I got engaged in something really neat - yes, reading! Its been a while that I had read a book beyond the academia. This caused a bit of unrest within myself as i realized too much time was being spent watching TV and surfing the web and I would rather use that time fruitfuly. Some of u may ask what i have been reading that got me so engrossed?

It all started one day in office when I told my manager to suggest me some book to read as I was really bored on weekends and we walked to his cube (yes thats right, managers at NetApp have cubes, not offices). He handed me a book 'Execution The Discipline of Getting Things Done'. Wow, i thought, i never realized there would be an entire book dedicated to how to get work done. Thus started my reading journey.

I read the book in about 1 months time and that stimulated interest in management books. I immediately enrolled in the County library and borrowed couple more books. I am happy to have read some good books over these past few months including 'Built to Last: successful habits of visionary companies', 'Good to Great: why some companies make the leap and others dont', "Winning - by the maestro Jack Welch", 'Six Sigma Breakthrough Strategy', 'How to Get Rich - by Donald Trump' and 'What (really) works' to name a few.

All of these have shown me some new paths to think, analyze, measure, improve and manage my day to day tasks better than before. i highly recommend readers to grab one of these whenever they get a chance.

So now i have informed u of my current activities - u know what I am upto!!

2 comments:

vivekaseeja said...

hey all good one :)
if i may .. ill add one as well
seven habits of highly effective people
this is the mother of all self help books :D ..

itskary said...

cool, but u were going to write book summaries for me :P