Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Florida trip

I'll talk today about my Florida trip.

Plans started early December when i could see that I had a whole month ahead with not much to do after my exams.

Internet has made things very easy indeed. Just chatted with my friend Sachin in Gainesville who was excited about it. Tickets were booked via Orbitz too.

We rented a car in Gainseville and set off with 2 other friends for Orlando, Florida. Hotel bookings had been done via online bidding for Courtyard Marriott near Orlando Airport.

We visited the 2 theme parks - Universal Studios and Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure.
It was amazing. the rides made us really crazy especially the Hulk, Mummy and the Duelling dragons.

We then drove to St.Pete, one of the beaches in Tampa, Florida. The waters were really cold. It was good to visit a beach in US, my first one indeed. Besides, it was Gulf of Mexico alike the oceans seen in India. I really enjoyed a mile long walk on the beach.

We came back fully refreshed for tackling the coming Spring semester.

No comments: